Monday 9 March 2009

Departure moves Monday 9th March 2009.

Hi Folks,

Well here I am at long last, someone told me the other day that I had been talking about retiring to Australia 30 years ago!! that's some talking! so now it is to be 1st April 2009.

I am now in the latter throes of tidying up matters in the UK, giving my car away to my 1st Grandkinder, decorating my Flat so that when I depart it is in a pristine state, packing away all those lifes possessions that one accumulates, and giving up all those items that I have found I simply have not used for 2 years to friends, sorting the Bank out, Insurance! (Do you know that you cannot get Travel insurance past 65 years of age?) having sent 6 boxes of clothes and other essentials down-under, I will be travelling very light, only 2 Holdalls, a Messenger Bag and my now very useful Laptop.

This Friday March 13th is my very last day of work, I will have completed a life-time of work since the age of 14 and now at 66+ is the time to stop, and I will! although many of you have also heard that one before now, it is that I simply enjoy working.

So I shall sign-off for now and return as a regular poster (Thats the word for putting things onto my Blog) of I trust, interesting events.

Keep smiling, love you all. Nigel JG

No comments:

Post a Comment